Hot off the Press
Paul is continually adding new material and information to his website. For those of you who frequent his site, we hope these navigation links will assist you in finding the most recent additions easily and quickly.
Surfing his site can be a fun learning experience, so he doesn’t want to discourage you from exploring. But he does want to make it easy for you to keep updated on new postings, articles, interviews and information related to Flashback Fabrications.
- Took a trip to Cuba in January 2014.
- I finally had time to put the finished bike photos and comments from students together. Thanks to all of you who contributed to this page. And for any others students who want their finished bike projects on my website, email me your photos and any comments you would like to share (February 2014).
- Open House – The Annual Framebuilding 101 Open House will be on January 8, 2014. Everyone is welcome!
- The 2014 UFV Frame Building 101 Course Schedule is posted!
- We will be attending the 2014 NAHBS Show with a new bicycle, an 1894 Starley Giraffe.
- New Page: Student Photos & Projects. I have added a new photo page showing students and their projects dating from the inaugural class to the present. Enjoy!
- Two 1894 Roper Steam Bikes Projects for Sale. Updated November 2013.
- Race Report (August 31-Sept. 1, 2013) at The Ridge. Ruby finishes 2nd.
- Video: At the Dyno with Paul Brodie’s Excelsior road racer at Cypress Motorbikes, Delta BC Canada. You can also view it at the bottom of the Ruby 2.0 page.
- Race Report (August 10-11, 2013) at Seattle Raceway. Ruby has issues, finishes 3rd.
- More thoughts on Carbon vs. Steel. An article “Lowdown on Bicycle Tubing” by Jalon Hawk (August 2013).
- Harley Davidson Fork Blades For Sale. For 1913 to 1915 machines (maybe 1912 too). This project only took four years to put into production, but it was worth the wait! (July 2013)
- 1910 Indian Motor, Parts & Diagrams For Sale. In September 2004, I was in Davenport for the swap meet, had a bit of cash in my pocket and needed a project, so I purchased this 1910 Indian single motor. I also have an oil tank, grips, parts for the gas tank, brand new head, and lots of photos (July 2013)
- Roper Steam Bike Project – Parts and diagrams For Sale. Including all the notes I made when building Dick Winger’s Roper. Lots of dimensions, etc. With all the photos and explanations on my website, if you are a fabricator with a little talent you should have no problem (July 2013).
- Race Report (July 13-14, 2013). Ruby takes 2nd, despite several problems and last minute repairs.
- Duncan (Seeley-Nourish) video at Seattle Raceway June 17, 2012. Ruby makes an inside pass on Turn 9 (July 2013).