Hot off the Press
Paul is continually adding new material and information to his website. For those of you who frequent his site, we hope these navigation links will assist you in finding the most recent additions easily and quickly.
Surfing his site can be a fun learning experience, so he doesn’t want to discourage you from exploring. But he does want to make it easy for you to keep updated on new postings, articles, interviews and information related to Flashback Fabrications.
- Global News aired an interview with yours truly on March 23, 2015. If you’d like to watch it, here is the link to Bike Design 101 with Brodie Bikes. (March 2015)
- The Men’s Journal online has published an article entitled ‘The 12 Coolest Bikes in America’, and Paul’s ‘Brodie City Bike’, which won “Best City Bike” at this year’s NAHBS, is featured. (March 2015)
- Paul built another bicycle, Brodie City Bike, for the North American Handmade Bicycle Show (NAHBS) happening this week, March 6-8,2015.
- Paul is building Excelsior #005 and #008 simultaneously. You can preview the project here, or follow his Excelsior Facebook Page (March 2015).
- Paul has created a Pinterest 1919 OHC Excelsior Project page. Again, new images not found on his website. Check it out! (Jan 2015)
- Paul now has an Excelsior Facebook page, with images not found on his website. Check it out! (Jan. 2015)
- Ruby is heading to Calgary Oct 17-19 for the Grand Opening of Torch Motorcycles. These links are to both the Event Flyer and Torch Motorcycles website. Pretty cool … check it out! (Oct. 2014)
- Race Report – Final Round, The Ridge, Sept 27-28, 2014. Ruby took third, but it was neck and neck a few times (Sept. 2014)
- Bike Framebuilding 101 Change. The dates for the September course have been changed. They are now Sept. 29-Oct. 10.
- Race Report – The Ridge, July 26, 2014. I wasn’t quite healed from my tumble a month ago, so Ruby had a new rider, Mick Hart, for this round at The Ridge. They took the top spot … check it out! (July 2014)
- Race Report – The Ridge, June 28 & 29, 2014. Ruby and I took a little tumble on the track and I was transported to hospital. No major injuries, but it will take us a while to heal. Read all about it! (June 2014)
- I have added a Bike Frame Building course August 5-18, if you’re interested and available.
- Race Report – Ruby’s first race of 2014 in Shelton, WA held May 25th. Ruby received some attention over the winter, and she seems happy about it. Her broken transmission received a new first gear and she got some new rubber tires.
- Very cool boardtracker vimeo with original footage from the early 1900s. Great sound track. I put it at the bottom of the Excelsior OHC History page. I highly recommend it (April 2014).
- I built a 1894 Starley Giraffe bicycle and took it to the 2014 NAHBS to promote Framebuilding 101. It was pieced together using parts from various projects I had on hand, plus a bike frame laying on the side of the road headed for the dump (March 2014).