NAHBS 2012 Awards
The North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show is over. We ended up with the People’s Choice award, which was great. It was a bit of a whirlwind. Working 14 hour days leading up to the show, flying down there, a new show attendance record of 7700 people, so many interviews and photo shoots . . . whew!
You can read about it here:
I think I’m going to take it easy this week.
For more information about this Whippet Replica, you can read the articles, listen to an interview and watch the videos below.
- CycleExif.com: 8-Part Series onn Paul’s Whippet.
- CycleExif.com: Paul Brodie and the Whippet
- NSMB.com: published article written by Paul, March 2, 201
- RetroBike.com: Building the Whippet: Part III – Brake Lever
- LetMeBike.eu: Paul Brodie’s Whippet – June 3, 2012
- NAHB 2012 Articles:
- BicycleDesign.net – by James Thomas, March 5, 2012
- Dirt Rag Magazine – photos and article
- BikeRumor.com – NAHB article on Paul and other participants
- BikePortland.org – NAHB Spotlight: A Closer Look at Paul Brodie’s 1888 Whippet Replica
- CyclingNews.com – Original Whippets were built in London, England but this reproduction was done by Paul Brodie in Canada
- UFV News – Bike legend Paul Brodie steals the spotlight at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show
- Bicycle Radio: Paul’s interview starts around ~51.00 seconds
[youtube_sc url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW1U2wWxii4″ title=”Paul%20Brodie%201888%20Whippet%20NAHBS%202012″ border=”1″ color=”white” theme=”light” autohide=”0″ fs=”1″ hd=”1″ cc_load_policy=”1″]
[youtube_sc url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEF1mT5x8bg” border=”1″ color=”white” theme=”light” fs=”1″ hd=”1″ cc_load_policy=”1″]